Home Books Links Peopleschurch.tv People"s Church

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Thursday Thoughts

1. Our fourth baby is coming some time this month.

2. I'm excited to see the little guy, but I'm not looking forward to the crying at night.

3. Sunday's message is about 75 percent done. This morning I will get it 95 percent done and send my notes to the office for the bulletin notes and the PowerPoint.

4. Saturday, I put the final 5 percent touches on Sunday's message.

5. I'm meeting a church planter for lunch today. I love hanging with church planters.

6. I'm meeting with another pastor who took over a church plant this afternoon. This guy is from out of state.

7. I have a huge heart to invest in church planters. Starting a church is no joke! It's not for the faint of heart! You better be called!

8. I've lost 6 or 7 pounds since I started eating better and being more consistent at the gym. Nobody can tell I've lost weight. As a matter of fact, some people have laughed at me and asked me, “Why do you need to lose weight?”

9. I read a book last month called Leader And Self Deception. I highly recommend the book. I made my entire leadership team read the book. Now, I'm making them read It's Okay To Be The Boss.

10. I have to continue to give my team growth opportunities. Growing churches means growing leaders! I'm sure growing tons!