Home Books Links Peopleschurch.tv People"s Church

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Things That Break My Heart pt. 2

People who don't grow spiritually deeply break my heart. I have a real passion to see people become more like Christ. I don't believe it's hard, but it does take surrendering to the work of the Holy Spirit and intentional effort. If you are going to grow spiritually, you must be faithful to church; have a personal daily prayer life and daily time in God's Word; serve others by getting involved in ministry and get serious about doing life together with other Christ followers through a small group (we call them Community Groups at PC). As I study God's Word, I firmly believe that, if people will do all four of these steps at the same time and all the time, they will become more like Christ. Here are some reasons why it breaks my heart when people don't grow spiritually:

1. I understand that there is so much more to being a Christ follower than just going to heaven.

2. They don't experience abundant life.

3. They never experience the freedom that comes from following Christ. There is nothing like being free from sin. There really is real freedom in Christ. Every year I'm more free because I continue to draw closer to Christ! Thank you LORD!

4. They never experience God's best blessings.

5. They are a poor witness to a world who so desperately needs Christ.

6. There life generally stays in shambles in one way or another. IT BREAKS MY HEART!