Home Books Links Peopleschurch.tv People"s Church

Monday, March 26, 2007

Weekend Update

1. I spoke all three Sunday services with a runny nose. There's nothing like speaking under the anointing of God with the anointing of snot running out of your nose :). I made it through the entire weekend with God's help. I'm tired this morning, and my nose and my body are still bothered from the crud. Thanks for praying for God to touch my body and my family with His healing power. WE NEED IT!

2. We had people make a decision to follow Christ in all five services. Go GOD! I can't say it enough; your passion to invite your friends and family to experience Christ is remarkable. WAY TO GO!

3. I saw many of you who usually attend the 10:30AM Sunday service at the Saturday night services or at our 9AM service. Thank you for your willingness to switch services to free up seats in the auditorium and in the kids' area for more people to connect with God. We need more of you to BUST A MOVE out of the 10:30AM service to one of the other services, so we can have room for 2000 people to attend on Easter! 10:30AM has the highest guest volume every week, followed by the 12PM Sunday service. So, if at all possible, switching to the 9AM or one of the Saturday night services would be very helpful (especially on Easter). It's awesome knowing that God has entrusted to you and to me the incredible privilege of being a part of a growing church. EASTER IS GOING TO BE AWESOME! WE WILL HAVE 2000 IN ATTENDANCE AND LOTS OF LIVES CHANGED BY GOD! Don't miss it for anything!

4. Our Saturday night services are doing very well. Even during Spring Break the last two weekends, we had over 400 people in attendance. THANK YOU for your commitment to make Saturday nights a huge success!

5. People are being set free from legalism. I HATE LEGALISM! The meanest, most divisive, gossiping, hard headed and know it all people in the world are legalistic Christians. If you know one, you know what I'm talking about. I really do thank God we don't have a church full of legalistic people. I thank God we are not bound by tradition. I thank God we are not driven by man made rules (many churches are). I thank God we are a church focused on loving people and not killing and judging people. We have such a unified church that has one goal to connect as many people to God and to others as possible. If you happen to run into a legalistic person at People's Church, tell them to let God set them free, to hush up or to leave, because we don't have time to argue and debate with legalistic people when there are so many hurting people who need to still be introduced to a relationship with Christ. Let's stay focused on what God has called us to do. The harvest is plentiful and the workers are few, so let's stay busy reaping the harvest!