Home Books Links Peopleschurch.tv People"s Church

Friday, March 2, 2007

Leadership Lessons

I thoroughly enjoy being a leader, especially a spiritual leader. I love seeing God change lives. To continue to develop my leadership skills, I'm constantly reading books, listening to cds of other leaders and spending time with great leaders. I'm on a pursuit to be the best leader I can be for God. Over the next week, I'm going to be sharing some lessons I have learned on my leadership journey.

1. Those closest to you will determine your success.

2. Lead through leaders, not through followers. Leaders multiply, followers add.

3. Keep the vision white hot. Vision leaks, so you have to communicate it often.

4. Don't pay too much attention to people who say, "People have been complaining about..." "People" means them and a friend the vast majority of the time (about 99 percent of the time).

5. Surround yourself with positive people.

You don't want to miss this weekend! Moses is on a comeback! If you can, come to one of the Saturday night services and free up some seats for our guests to connect with God on Sunday. Saturday night services are going very well. We had over 450 this past Saturday, and people gave their life to Christ in both services. Come on Saturday night and enjoy sleeping in on Sunday morning!