Home Books Links Peopleschurch.tv People"s Church

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Back In The Saddle

The family and I arrived home yesterday. We are all glad to be back home. I'm really glad to get back into my routine. I'm very much a routine/predictable person. I'm really excited to get back to the gym today. I haven't been in over a week. The really bad news is I ate badly while we were out of town. I didn't just eat badly, I ate really badly. One night we didn't eat dinner until 8:30pm or 9:00pm, and then we ate brownies with whip cream for dessert around 11:00pm.

We got back home in time to watch American Idol last night. My wife and I like to watch that show. My boys dance around on the floor while the singers perform. Of course, my favorite part of the show is listening to Simon tell the singers how horrible they are. I love the comment, "I didn't get that at all."

I'm going to spend most of the day studying for this weekend's message. I got a good jump start on the message during the plane ride back to Nebraska on Monday. I'm hoping to get 75 percent of the message done today. I really think this series is going to free so many people from living under legalism and condemnation. Legalism stinks!!! I've been super legalistic in the past, but God has used some great church leaders to mentor me and His word to set me free from being a legalistic Christian. I despise legalism!!! Let me say it again; I DESPISE LEGALISM. So many Christians and churches add so many man-made, denominational and cultural rules to living for Christ. All these man-made rules do is put God's people in bondage and repel the un-churched from surrendering to Christ or even checking out church. Be sure to get as many of your friends and family to church this weekend. I'm sure many of them have experienced legalism in the church and need to be set free. Throughout this series, people are going to experience true freedom in Christ!