Home Books Links Peopleschurch.tv People"s Church

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Family Trip

Today, Tiffany, Cale, Cade, Caris and I are driving home from Nebraska. We spent a week there visiting Tiffany's family. Her parents love to see the grandkids, and our kids love to play with their cousins. I actually flew from Nebraska to Illinois to speak on Saturday and flew back to Nebraska on Monday. I'm ready to get back to Oklahoma City today and get back in the saddle. Easter is coming up quickly, and we are planning on having over 2000 people in attendance during that weekend. So I'm anxious to get back and start finalizing our Easter plans for People's Church.

Things we did in Nebraska:

1. I took Cale and Cade swimming at the hotel pool every morning and even once at night.

2. We went to Valentino Land two times. It's a place sort of like Chuck E. Cheese. The boys loved it. Dad had a very good time as well. I played Ms. Pacman and Galaxy. I love those old school games. We also threw down some pizza. It's a great place. We will definitely go back when we're visiting Tiffany's family later in the year.

3. We ate at a few restaurants as a family and with Tiffany's family.

4. I took a few days break from talking with the church office. I told them not to call me or email me for three days. If I don't do that, I'll find myself working on things when I should be resting.

5. I got some good ideas for some sermon series for 2008. I'm a big planner and visionary. I live a year or two out all the time. So this was a great trip to dream and think about what God has for People's Church in the near and distant future.