Home Books Links Peopleschurch.tv People"s Church

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Random Thoughts

1. This weekend my message title is I Am Free! We have freedom in Christ because Christ set us free! If you are bound by the chains of sin, religion or legalism, you do not want to miss this weekend. This is going to be a weekend of freedom. I can't wait to see the power of God change lives!

2. I can't believe Easter is next week. This year is flying by! Be sure to be praying for and inviting your family and friends to our fabulous Easter services.

3. I can't believe Sanjaya is still on American Idol. I'm thinking about growing a mohawk! Whata you think? :)

4. I'm ready for football season to start! The fall is my favorite time of year, and not just because of the weather, but because of FOOTBALL!

5. I picked Florida and Georgetown to play for the NCAA Basketball Championship. I picked Georgetown to win it all, so my bracket is still looking good! How's your bracket?

6. I love talking to church planters. I talk to church planters every week. They are my favorite group of people to talk with. I think I like talking to them because we have so much in common: risk-taking, a burning desire to do something great for God, we don't want to do church as usual, the struggle of starting something from nothing and watching God multiply, dealing with the fruit cakes and control freaks that are attracted to a new church in the early days. There are many other reasons why I share a kindred spirit with church planters, but the bottom line is I really like connecting with church planters on a regular basis. They challenge me and keep me red hot to fulfill the Great Commission.