Home Books Links Peopleschurch.tv People"s Church

Friday, March 16, 2007

Friday Thoughts

I woke up this morning, and my mind was racing with thoughts about this weekend's message. I'm really excited about this message. My title is I Hate Legalism. I hate what it does to Christians. I hate what it does to churches. I hate how it affects the un-churched. Legalism stinks! If you are not very careful, you will find yourself drifting towards legalism and not even know it. Let me give you some signs of legalism: 1. self-righteousness 2. critical of others 3. judgment of others 4. arrogance 5. denominational-focus instead of Kingdom-focus 6. creating division 7. driven by rules. One of the major reasons legalistic people don't know they are bound by legalism is they are so full of themselves and their own rules and too busy looking down at others that they never look in the mirror. Be sure to take a long look in the mirror to see if you are legalistic. You don't want to miss this weekend's message. You will leave inspired to live a life free from legalism. You will also leave saying, "I HATE LEGALISM."

Today, I'm getting a haircut, working out at the gym, getting a Starbucks and hanging with the family. Cale, my oldest son, wants to go to the park today, but it may be a little chilly for that. If we can't go to the park today, we will still have a blast hanging out together. We will definitely go out to eat together.

Make it a great Friday!