Home Books Links Peopleschurch.tv People"s Church

Monday, March 5, 2007

Leadership Lessons Pt. 2

6. We must make church relevant for the un-churched. The reason so many people drive by our churches every single day and don't ever think about coming inside to check things out is because most churches aren't relevant. I'm not advocating that People's Church has it all figured out, because we don't, but we work EXTREMELY hard to create a church and services that are relevant to the un-churched. We are very bold to speak the uncompromising truths of the Bible. We just strive to do it in a relevant, fun and creative way. Honestly, it takes a lot more work to speak and create a relevant worship service that will attract the un-churched and encourage the believer at the same time. The easy way out is just to have church for church people. I can do that with very little effort.

Yesterday, in church, a couple told me, "This church is different. We aren't used to church being like this." I'm not 100 percent sure of what they meant by that comment, but I have a pretty good idea. They meant this church is relevant. This church spoke to my heartfelt needs. This church convicted me and encouraged me to live for God. This church was actually fun and life-changing at the same time. This church did things with excellence. This church was a place where I felt comfortable enough to bring my friends and family. This couple finished their statement by saying, "We will be back." We must work like crazy to make church relevant for everybody. Jesus came to seek and to save the lost; how about His church?

7. Deep is doing not just knowing. I get tired of people telling me how deep they are; just live for God. Deep is living the Christian faith not just knowing a lot about God. Deep is being humble not being a know it all. Deep is being a servant not being a puffed up Christian. Deep is helping others know and grow in their relationship with Christ not the self-centered mentality we see from so many Christians: feed Me, bless ME, help ME, it's all about me mentality. Deep is living the truth you already know. Friends, DEEP IS DOING! Let's live the Bible and not try to impress each other with all of this deep stuff. LOVE GOD AND LOVE PEOPLE!

I will leave you with those two leadership lessons today. That's a lot to chew on for one day. Have a super duper Monday!