Home Books Links Peopleschurch.tv People"s Church

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Effective Altar Calls

Don't Manipulate People

The Holy Spirit draws people to Jesus, not the preacher’s slick techniques. Don't misunderstand what I'm saying because I believe we need to be clear and convincing without manipulating. A preacher can create and feel pressure to see a response. I thank God that every week and normally in every experience at PC people give their lives to Christ. When there is an experience that no one responds, I don't hype it up or pressure people. I don't use techniques like telling those who don't know Christ that they are going to get in a car wreck immediately after the experience and die and go to hell (I mean Hell-AH). I don't place people throughout the congregation and have them raise their hands first so that it will encourage others to raise their hands. I don't believe in manipulation. I firmly believe that the same Holy Spirit that drew me to Jesus can draw other lost sinners to Jesus.