Home Books Links Peopleschurch.tv People"s Church

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

6 Ways To Mess Up A Church

1. Don't have a clear leader, and let everybody call the shots. I believe in having a team, but there has to be a clear leader. I haven't seen very many churches that are getting it done with two or three Senior/Lead Pastors. As Brian, our Programming Director, says, "More than one head is a freak!"

2. Don't have a clear vision. Casting a blurry vision or having no vision at all creates a mess. Where there is no vision the people perish. That sounds like a mess to me.

3. Vote on everything because democracy in a church brings unity, NOT! I have seen people wounded, churches held hostage, churches divided and churches fall apart because they voted on everything. At People's Church, we don't vote. I believe the best way to structure a church is for it to be staff-led and not congregation-led (voting).