Home Books Links Peopleschurch.tv People"s Church

Monday, June 23, 2008

Weekend Update

1. Friday, my wife and I got a babysitter to come watch the kids after we put them down for bedtime, and then, we went to the movies. We went to the Indiana Jones movie. I thought it was good but not great.

2. Saturday morning, I went to help out at giving Eisenhower Elementary School a makeover. The community missions project was a huge success. I know the kids and faculty will be very excited about the make over. The principal of the school goes to our church, and she was super excited about the makeover. There's nothing like seeing the church in action. YEA GOD!

3. One of my closest friends, Tommy Sparger, spoke at People's Church on Sunday. Tommy is the Senior Pastor of North Point Church in Springfield, Missouri. He started the church almost 5 years ago, and they have 2300 people attending on Sunday mornings. He did a very good job! He talked to us about allowing God to stretch our faith. I needed that message. The Christian life is a life of faith, and I want to be known as a man of faith!

4. Our Programming Director, Brian Rush has been on vacation the last two Sundays. I thought our Worship Team did a good job while he was gone. GOOD JOB, WORSHIP TEAM! PC is truly blessed to have such talented, humble and anointed musicians and singers.

5. There were lots of people that gave their hearts to Christ!

6. I am so pumped up about our 42,000 square foot addition. We needed more space yesterday. Tommy Sparger, reminded us yesterday of how more space is going to allow us to go to the next level in reaching MANY more people for Christ. THANK YOU, GOD, FOR BLESSING THIS PROJECT SO THAT MANY, MANY MORE LIVES CAN BE IMPACTED FOR YOUR GLORY!

7. We are diving back into our series titled Juicy Fruit this coming up Sunday!

8. Have a super Monday!