Home Books Links Peopleschurch.tv People"s Church

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I Hate Staff Retreats

Just kidding, but I thought that I would capture your attention. We got home on Friday from our annual staff retreat. As the Senior Leader of PC, I want to share with you why staff retreats are important to our staff.

Relationships: We take the Leadership Team and their entire family on our annual staff retreat. One of the major focuses of this retreat is relationship building. All the men have a great time hanging out, talking about life and of course talking about sports. The ladies really love it. I know you probably won't believe this, but the women seem to talk more than the fellows do. I'm a big believer in having a strong and good relationship with those who work closely with me. I believe ministry flows best out of relationships. I think Jesus modeled this for us with his twelve disciples. Our annual staff retreat is the one time during the year where we get away for a few days and just connect, strengthen and deepen our relationships as a Leadership Team.

More tomorrow…