Home Books Links Peopleschurch.tv People"s Church

Thursday, June 5, 2008

How To Take A Vacation? pt. 3

Over the next week I want to share some very important things that I do so that I can have a successful vacation experience. Some of the things that I am able to do may not work for you if you aren't the senior leader. But you will hopefully get some ideas from everything I share.

1. I plan my vacations and speaking breaks when I plan my yearly calendar. I do this 12 to 18 months in advance and of course it's subject to change (my vacations and speaking breaks rarely change). I have workaholic tendencies, so I have to plan my breaks. If I didn't plan out my vacations and time off from speaking, not only would I not take necessary breaks, but I wouldn't maintain my health and stamina for the long haul. Vacations and speaking breaks are a MUST. Friends, taking time off is something that is so important that you should take time to plan it. Most of my 2009 vacations are already on the calendar. PLAN FOR DOWN TIME! Lazy people don't need to apply this to their lives!

Please send this blog to all of your workaholic friends! It could be a life saver for them!

More next week...