Home Books Links Peopleschurch.tv People"s Church

Thursday, June 19, 2008

I Hate Staff Retreats pt. 3

Fun

That's right! We go on staff retreats because I like to have fun with the people I work with. One of the non-written core values of the People's Church staff is to have fun. I want to work with people who know how to work hard and who also know how to play hard. Our staff flat out gets the job done. They are all super hard workers. They are driven for excellence. I require excellence and productivity! What I have tried to cultivate in our fast-paced, get-it-done, working environment are times of fun. Everybody who gets to know me knows that I love to crack jokes. I don't take myself too serious. I love to laugh. Because I value fun with our staff, we do fun things like have a Leadership Team Fantasy Football League. We go to Buffalo Wild Wings in August or early September and eat lunch and spend a couple of hours drafting our players. Every week during football season, we have a great time harassing each other about who's winning and who's losing in our league. It creates lots of fun and laughs for our staff. When I'm losing, it creates frustration! SERIOUSLY! :) Because I value fun, we go on an all family leadership staff retreat to the lake. We have a blast at the lake for a few days. The staff really looks forward to this fun time every year. I THINK THE WORK PLACE CAN BE FUN, AND I TRY MY BEST TO MAKE IT THAT WAY!