Home Books Links Peopleschurch.tv People"s Church

Monday, June 16, 2008

Weekend Update

1. While I was speaking on Sunday, I was rolling my neck around in circles imitating people who have bad attitudes, and now, my neck is hurting.

2. Remember that kindness is a work of the Holy Spirit. Today, let the Spirit take control and be kind to others.

3. I saw some dads give their hearts to Christ yesterday. One dad was holding his kid in one arm and then raised the other arm high into the air. It really touched my heart. Dads, God has a great plan for you and your family. Follow God with your whole heart.

4. I love the song “Lead Me To The Cross!” Great job worship team!

5. The Lakers disappointed me on Thursday night when they blew a 24 point lead in the second half. Last night, they didn't play good, but at least they won, and the series is now going back to Boston. My prediction is the Lakers will make history by being the first team to ever come back from being down 3-1. The Lakers will beat the Celtics twice in BOSTON!

6. I played hide and seek with my kids on Saturday, and they could not find me. It's funny listening to my kids talk about where I could be hiding. I was behind a closet door and they never looked behind the door. It was a classic moment!

7. Our Father's Day attendance is normally way down, but we had decent attendance for the summertime.

8. Tiger Woods is unbelievable! The last putt he made to tie it up was great. I don't really care for golf, but I enjoyed watching the match yesterday.

9. www.oneprayer.com is really going well! Over 1400 churches and around 800,000 people are participating. This is a great historic moment for the church of Jesus Christ! This Saturday from 8AM to 5PM at least one other church will be helping us fix up Eisenhower Elementary School. On June 21st, churches all across the metro area are coming together and doing special projects around OKC! The church is being unified like never before! GO GOD!