Home Books Links Peopleschurch.tv People"s Church

Thursday, March 27, 2008

What My Week Looks Like pt. 3

My Monday and Tuesday schedules are changing beginning next week. Mondays will look a lot like Wednesdays. I am moving my executive meeting to Tuesday afternoons, and immediately following the executive meeting, I will be leading our leadership staff meeting (6 people). I am taking over leading our staff meeting because Josh, the executive who has been leading the staff meeting, is overseeing the construction of our new facility. I want him to be laser-focused on getting us into this building with speed and excellence. After nine months of primarily leading our Executive Team, I have a new energy, passion and excitement about pouring into our Leadership Team.

Here Are Few Helpful Hints About Time Management

1. Do what works best for you. I've learned my own rhythms and I roll with what works for me.

2. Do not let people control your schedule. This is an easy trap for pastors to fall into. Of course, things come up that are unexpected in my schedule, but me and my assistant do our best to stay in control of my schedule.

3. Do not feel bad for saying no. There are always good opportunities that will easily distract you from what really matters.