Home Books Links Peopleschurch.tv People"s Church

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Risky Business pt. 2

Every time I've seen God do something significant in my life, it first required risk (FAITH). Before I preached my first sermon at age 17 to my youth group, I took the step of faith and surrendered my life to Christ in front of most of my high school football team at an FCA (Fellowship of Christian Athletes) meeting. I think it is a positive thing that I became a follower of Christ before I preached my first sermon :). I don't know that this always happens in our world today :).

After my freshman year of college, I left my full football scholarship at a state university to pursue the call upon my life for full-time ministry. This was a major step of faith, but God honored it in a huge way. 7 months later God opened up a door for me to play college football at a Christian college on a football scholarship. This opportunity allowed me to get a Biblical Studies Degree. That huge step of faith literally changed the entire course of my life. I built relationships that I still have today. I made ministry connections that I am still reaping huge rewards from. The best thing that happened to me is I met my wife Tiffany at this college. We fell in love and now after 10 years of marriage, and almost 4 kids later (our fourth baby is due in July), we are still madly in love. If you are really following God, it's RISKY BUSINESS!

More tomorrow