Home Books Links Peopleschurch.tv People"s Church

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Raising Kids

I love my kids!! They bring such joy to Tiffany and I. I'm learning so much about myself and life through my kids. Here are some things I'm learning about raising kids.

1. Love is spelled T.I.M.E. My kids don't care if I pastor a great church. My kids just know me as daddy! Honestly, I love the fact that I'm daddy and not PASTOR to them!

2. My kids love to read books. I'm glad Tiffany and I are both committed to reading books to our kids. We do read spiritual books to our kids as well as other fun books. My kids are sponges. They want to learn and grow.

3. It's Tiffany’s and my responsibility to make sure our kids know God and live for God not the churches. It's easy for parents to blame their kids lack of commitment to God on the church. The church is here to reinforce what our kids should be learning at home. There is no way that an hour or two of church a week is going to undo what's being taught and modeled EVERYDAY in the home. Our home is the primary place for the three Cooper kids to learn about God.

4. My kids want to be like Tiffany and I. They want to talk like us and act like us. WE PARENTS BETTER BE LIVING FOR JESUS OR OUR KIDS WILL BE JACKED UP!

5. My kids love to pray for their friends at night. Cade isn't even two years old but he loves to pray for his friends EVERY NIGHT! It's so cool watching your kids pray. Being a Christian is not what we do it's who we are.