Home Books Links Peopleschurch.tv People"s Church

Monday, February 16, 2009

Weekend Highlights

1. Every year, my wife and I set aside money in our budget to go on overnight trips together. We look forward and enjoy these times together.

2. This past Friday was one of these times. Tiffany and I left the kids with a babysitter and went to Norman. We checked into a hotel that afternoon.

3. After checking into the hotel, we went to the Norman mall to do some shopping. We did more looking than buying.

4. After shopping, we enjoyed a nice dinner together.

5. After dinner, we went back and relaxed in the hotel, and then, we went to a movie at the new Warren Theater in Moore. The theater is really nice. We were impressed.

6. The highlight of our time together was breakfast at Cracker Barrel. We both think Cracker Barrel has one of the best, if not the best, breakfast. We rank it higher than I-Hop and Jimmy's Egg.

7. Saturday night, I took our guest speaker, Jason Patterson, out to eat. It was weird being out to eat with a guy on Valentine's Day. The weird part was all of the looks we got. I think some people thought I was out to eat with my valentine. LOL!

8. Sunday at PC was a solid day for President's Day weekend. Our attendance is always down some on this Sunday.

9. Jason did a very good job speaking.

10. There were tons of people who gave their hearts to Christ!

11. I want to say a big thank you and give credit to Andy Stanley for the series idea and material for our Destination series. This was a very impactful series for our church.

12. Since we had a guest speaker, during two of the experiences I checked out the kids’ area and parking lot and thanked several volunteers for serving in ministry. Our volunteers are making it happen week in and week out! Thank you!

13. This coming Sunday is going to be fun! We are kicking off a very exciting mini-series called CRAZY Generations.

14. Church family, I want to encourage you to spend the next two weeks praying about your involvement in the CRAZY Campaign. God has some great things that He wants to do in you and through you!

15. Have a great Monday!