Home Books Links Peopleschurch.tv People"s Church

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Some Things I Look For In A Friend

I don't have a ton of friends, but the ones I have all have the same qualities.

1. They are trustworthy.

2. They have integrity.

3. They don't want to be my friend because of weird motives.

4. We have common interests. Most of my close friends are in full-time ministry. I love talking ministry and so do many of my friends.

5. I feel comfortable being myself around them.

6. They feel comfortable being themselves around me.

7. They are family men. They love their wives and kids.

8. I don't look for this, but most of my friends are older than I am. Some of them have and still do mentor me, and I suppose I help them in their journey as well.

9. I can open up and share the raw reality of life and ministry with them.

10. They love to laugh, cut up, crack jokes and don't take themselves too seriously. I am a goofball at heart!