Home Books Links Peopleschurch.tv People"s Church

Monday, August 11, 2008

Weekend Update

1. It was a great Sunday at PC!

2. Tons of people gave their hearts to Christ, and I'm teaching a series on money. God desires for people to come to Christ no matter what the teaching series is about.

3. The Perfect Storm series is going great. Our society is experiencing a financial storm, and we are teaching our church how to be prepared and how to navigate through the storm (high gas prices, unstable housing market, rising food costs and a lackluster stock market).

4. We were 25 to 30 percent larger in attendance than the same weekend last year, and it was a great Sunday for us last year. There is incredible excitement and momentum at PC!

5. My family ate take-home Ted's Escondido Mexican food on Saturday and then leftovers on Sunday. It was some good stuff!

6. I put 30 minutes on the elliptical at the gym on Friday and Saturday. I'm glad I did after eating all the Mexican food.

7. I know many pastors hate teaching on finances, but I really enjoy it. I love seeing people experiencing financial freedom. I know one gentleman at PC who paid off his credit cards last year because of last year’s teaching on stewardship. It pumps me up watching people apply biblical principles to their finances. THEY REALLY DO WORK!

8. I am enjoying watching the Olympics. Michael Phelps is a swimming machine!

9. I was sure glad the construction crew added an extra 135 new parking spaces last week. Parking has been an issue at PC since day one. Church family, you no longer have to park in the gravel :)! Don't get too excited because when we move into our new 42,000 square foot addition God is going to blow the roof off this place, and we may need you in the gravel again. You folks are awesome to pastor!

10. Monday is going to be as great as you make it. So make it a great Monday!