Home Books Links Peopleschurch.tv People"s Church

Thursday, August 14, 2008

STOP BEGGING

Do Not Beg For The Dough

I'm a big believer that a pastor should not beg the church for money. It really bothers me when pastors use gimmicks, tricks, pressure and manipulation to get people to give. It's distasteful and doesn't help the cause of Christ. I am a huge believer in teaching God's people how to be good stewards. I believe it's a pastor's responsibility to teach the whole counsel of God's Word and that includes finances. I do not shy away from teaching PC about biblical stewardship. I do an entire series on stewardship every year. Greed, consumerism and not putting God first are destroying people's lives, and we must address it head on. But I will not beg people to give to the church, and you shouldn't either!