Home Books Links Peopleschurch.tv People"s Church

Monday, June 18, 2007

Weekend Update

1. We had great services this weekend. This message really spoke to a lot of folks at People's Church. EVERYBODY NEEDS A DAY OFF! EVERYBODY NEEDS A VACATION! We are not human doings, we are human beings!

2. I told People's Church I will still be the primary speaker on the weekends, but I'm not going to continue to run at the pace I've ran at for the past 5 years. I realize, if I continue to speak as many weekends as I've been speaking over the past 5 years, I'm going to kill myself! So I've decided that every year I'm going to speak somewhere around 40 to 42 weekends a year at the max.

3. Church family, I really appreciated all the kind words and concern for me after the message. I'm really OK! I'm tired, but I'm not close to burnout. I'm not even close to losing my passion and burden for People's Church and for the lost and hurting people in Oklahoma City. I just need two or three weeks off from preparing messages and speaking on the weekends. I JUST NEED MY BATTERIES RECHARGED! I'M GOING TO PASTOR PEOPLE'S CHURCH WITH INTEGRITY, PASSION, VISION AND STRONG LEADERSHIP FOR THE LONG HAUL! I'm not going to burn out before I'm 40 years old, so I'm making some mid-course adjustments so that I can run this MARATHON of ministry without passing out.

4. 26 people gave their hearts to Christ yesterday. I'm excited for each one of you who surrendered your life to Christ this weekend. WAY TO GO!

5. This coming weekend is going to really help a lot of families. Be sure to invite as many people as you can who don't attend church to be at People's Church this weekend. So many people need biblical solutions with all the issues and challenges they are facing with raising their children. The title this weekend is Honor Your Father And Mother.

6. This coming weekend, we will be baptizing people in all 5 weekend services. If you are a Christian and haven't been baptized in water, it's time to go public with your faith! NO EXCUSES, GET BAPTIZED THIS WEEKEND!