Home Books Links Peopleschurch.tv People"s Church

Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Preaching Tips

1. Preach the Bible not your opinion. I dislike sermons that are driven by opinion instead of God's Word. My opinion won't change a person's heart, but God's Word will.

2. Study and research for your messages. The more I study the better my messages are. There's no substitute for flat out intensive studying.

3. Listen to other speakers frequently. I listen to other speakers every week. I do it to be ministered to and to grow in my communicating skills. I LOVE GOOD BIBLICAL PREACHING!

4. Be yourself. When I first started preaching, I imitated my favorite communicators. Overtime, I learned to be myself. I'm no longer tempted to preach like somebody else. I've learned that nobody can beat me being me. I'M THE BEST HERBERT COOPER THERE IS!

5. Make your messages simple. The goal of preaching is life change, not to impress people with your vast knowledge that they don't even care about anyways. When I preach, I want people to walk away applying God's Word to their lives. CHANGED LIVES IS ALWAYS THE GOAL!

6. Pray and seek God for your messages!! PRAYER MAKES THE DIFFERENCE!