Home Books Links Peopleschurch.tv People"s Church

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Interesting Things About Me

I am taking a break today from my usual Thursday's Download. I'm going to share some interesting things that you may not know about me.

1. I rarely get nervous before I speak. I don't know why, but I don't. The larger the crowd, the more comfortable I feel.

2. I like to be by myself. I am not a big people person. Most people have a hard time believing this because I have good people skills, but I prefer not to be around people. I am an introvert with extrovert tendencies.

3. I have never, in my adult life (18 and up), had a boss. I have always worked for myself. Of course, I have people in and outside of the church that hold me accountable, but I have always worked for myself.

4. I am a self-starter. I don't need to punch a clock or have someone looking over me to get a job done. I have always been self-motivated and very determined to get the job done.

5. I preached my first sermon when I was 17 years old.

6. I married Tiffany when I was 22 and she was 20.

7. I am a very boring person. If you followed me around for a week, you would think, This guy lives a boring life. I love my life, but most would think it's boring.

8. When I study for a sermon, I can't just study for hours at one time. I do multiple things while I'm studying.

9. I didn't start eating steak until I began dating Tiffany and her dad would make steak on the grill. Now, I love a great medium steak.

10. I wanted to be an ESPN sports broadcaster before God called me into full-time ministry.