Home Books Links Peopleschurch.tv People"s Church

Monday, July 6, 2009

Vacation & Weekend Highlights

1. I had a great time with my family during our vacation together.

2. I hope you enjoyed seeing the pictures of the new building that my assistant posted on my blog while I was away.

3. We spent some of our vacation at home. One day we took the kids to the Oklahoma Aquarium in Jenks, Oklahoma.

4. One day we took the kids to the zoo. One day we took the kids to the Oklahoma Science Museum, which used to be called the Omniplex. I don't know why they changed the name, but I like the name Omniplex better.

5. The first Sunday off, we just hung out as a family.

6. On Friday, Tiffany and I left the kids with a babysitter and drove to Springfield, MO. We have spent 3 nights away from our kids. This is the longest stretch so far. We've enjoyed our time together, but we do miss our kids.

7. On Saturday night and on Sunday, I preached for my good friend Tommy Sparger at www.northpointnow.org. Tommy has a great church in Springfield, MO.

8. I've picked up 5 to 7 pounds on vacation. The gym and discipline is calling my name. More discipline than the gym. LOL!

9. Tiffany and I are heading home this morning. I can't wait to get home, see my kids and sleep in my own bed. There is no place like home.

10. Chris Smith, our Student Ministries and College & 20 Somethings Director, spoke at PC the first Sunday I was gone.

11. We showed Dino Rizzo's One Prayer video on the second Sunday I was gone. If you missed either message, you missed a real treat. Both messages were excellent and ministered to my heart.

12. I'm excited to be back in the saddle at People's Church this Sunday. I will be starting a new series called The Road.

13. On Sunday, July 19, IT'S THE GRAND OPENING CELEBRATION OF OUR NEW BUILDING! Everyone is invited! PC'ers invite everyone you know to come and celebrate God's goodness with us.