Home Books Links Peopleschurch.tv People"s Church

Monday, September 22, 2008

Weekend Update

1. It was another beautiful weekend in Oklahoma.

2. Yesterday, there were lots of people baptized in water, and many people gave their hearts to Christ.

3. I talked with a pastor friend of mine last night, and he talked about how on Sunday nights a preacher can feel depressed after speaking a bunch on Sundays. There are some Sunday nights I can relate to my friend. It's the HOLY hang over. All you pastors, say Amen!

4. People laughed their heads off in church yesterday. I mean they laughed and laughed and laughed. I think church can be fun!

5. I told our married couples that they need to have sex regularly. I got some strong amens from some of our men. I didn't make that up, it's in your Bible! If you haven't read it, you ought to check it out. It's a great book!

6. I told our married couples that they need to romance one another. I told them that I'm not talking about having sex but being romantic. I got some strong amens from our women and a lot of laughter.

7. God is doing a great work in marriages.

8. I'm closing out our series Room Mates, Bad Dates & Great Mates on Sunday! It's going to be a fun time in God's presence!