Home Books Links Peopleschurch.tv People"s Church

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Blog Request

Someone from our blogging family asked me to blog about, "What does Herbert know now that he wished he had known when he started PC?" So here it goes!

1. I wish I would have known that ministry is a marathon and not a sprint.

2. I wish I would have known that not taking enough speaking breaks would wear me down.

3. I wish I would have known that high caliber people would leave their job and take a pay cut to come help accomplish a God-sized vision.

4. I wish I would have known that taking my time to make the right hires would pay huge dividends for the church.

5. I wish I would have known that you never arrive so enjoy the journey. I always thought when we got to 200 people then I'd start having a blast. Then, it was 400, 700, 1000 and it keeps going on and on. Enjoy the journey.

More tomorrow!