Home Books Links Peopleschurch.tv People"s Church

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Blog Request pt. 2

6. I wish I would have known that getting people connected in a rapidly growing church would take tons of focus and hard work. Healthy small groups just don't happen by osmosis.

7. I wish I would have known that shying away from teaching people about biblical stewardship only hurts the congregation and the church.

8. I wish I would have known that the church can only grow beyond the pain that I am willing to endure. One of my mentors taught me this, and it has jacked me up ever since! There is a price to pay!

9. I wish I would have known that I can be the greatest hindrance from God blessing our church. I am not discounting God's favor because that is the ultimate key, but I'll never forget the day I asked one of my mentors what had to change for our church to grow to 200. His response shocked me! Then, I asked him what had to change for our church to grow to 500. Once again, his response shocked me! Then, I asked what had to change for our church to grow to 1000. He gave me the same shocking response! He said, “YOU HAVE TO CHANGE!" It was that day that I quit blaming the Worship Team, Media Team, Children's Team, the movie theater we were renting at the time and the negative people. I came to the profound realization that I had to continue to grow and allow God to change me so that I wouldn't get in the way of God blessing our church.

10. I wish I would have known that when I changed, the leaders closest to me would change. When I changed, I would attract sharper people around me. When I changed, it would cause me to take more risks. When I changed, it would cause the church to change, and God would bless it in wonderful ways!