Home Books Links Peopleschurch.tv People"s Church

Thursday, April 10, 2008

What I'm Dreaming About pt. 3

Family

1. It's my dream to grow old with my wife. I have seen divorce plague many of my family members, and I am determined to grow old with the love of my life. If you wonder why I blog so much about my family, it's because I'm consumed with having a great marriage and being a great dad. Divorce will not invade my family. Tiffany and I both are excited to be in love for our entire life, to watch our kids grow up and to one day have grandkids. We talk about this stuff often.

2. I'm dreaming about my boys not struggling with some of the issues that I had to struggle with when I was growing up (SIN ISSUES). I want them to be kids of God, teens of God and men of God. I want to be a role model for them of what it means to be a Godly man. When it comes to spiritual things, I want my kids to have it better than I did when I was growing up.

3. I'm dreaming about taking my little girl on date nights. I'm going to date my daughter long before some knucklehead boy does. I want her to know how a Godly man should treat her. She's my only girl, and daddy will probably be overly protective. She can't date until she is 25 :)!!

4. I'm dreaming about starting a brand new heritage for my family. The Cooper family’s past is not marked with a legacy of honoring God, but the Cooper family from here on out will be known as a family that follows Christ. My kids will serve God. My grandkids will serve God. My great, great, great grandkids will serve God (if Jesus hasn't come back for his church). I have started a brand new precedent for the Cooper crew, and I'm excited for our present and future to be known as a family that serves the Lord!!