Home Books Links Peopleschurch.tv People"s Church

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

What I'm Dreaming About pt. 2

Personal Growth/Leadership

1. God has blessed me with some incredible ministry opportunities. There are a couple of things in 2008 & 2009 that are going to put PC on the national map. I know God does these kinds of things so that His Kingdom will be advanced. I'm doing my best to be sensitive to God with what He wants me to do to capitalize on these and future opportunities. I WANT HIS KINGDOM TO BE EXPANDED, and I'm humbled that I get to be a part of it!!

2. I am hosting a Church Planters’ Round Table in May. I'm excited to grow and learn from other leaders. Last year, I had the privilege of attending a round table with some of the greatest leaders from around the nation, and it made a huge impact on my life. VERY EXCITED! Plus, I get to hang out with some of my buddies. Always fun!

3. I'm dreaming about how I can better network with other leaders for my and their benefit? Don't have this figured out, but I'm dreaming about it. I'm very grateful that I get to connect with leaders every week from around the nation. I'm also blessed that some of the greatest leaders live right here in the Oklahoma City metro area. I know that networking is so key and beneficial to advance God's Kingdom, so I'm spending time dreaming about how I can do this better.

4. How do I become a better follower of Christ? I know this sounds very cliché, but it consumes my thoughts. I have come a long way in my walk with Christ. Every year, I am more and more free and becoming more and more like Christ. There are some areas in my life that I want to be more free in. I want God to consume every part of me. I'm not there yet, but I'm still dreaming!

5. I want to stay sensitive to God and have a passion and love for people in spite of all the challenges that ministry brings. I'm not there yet. I'm dreaming about the day that people who don't like me or our church don't jack with my thinking. I'm dreaming about the day when the weekend numbers don't affect me mentally and spiritually. I'm dreaming about the day when I make every decision motivated by what God wants me to do and nothing else. STILL DREAMING!