Home Books Links Peopleschurch.tv People"s Church

Thursday, April 17, 2008

One Liners That Have Impacted My Life pt. 3

"You can only grow beyond the pain you are willing to endure."

There is no doubt that God called my wife and I into ministry and to pastor People's Church but being a pastor of a growing church is painful.

1. The personal growth is grueling. I didn't realize when I started People's Church that I would be the biggest barrier to our church growing. The only way the church can continue to grow is I have to continue to grow. YIKES!

2. The personal, financial and relational sacrifice my wife and I made in the beginning days was INSANE!

3. Being misunderstood, not liked and talked about is just part of leadership, but it's not fun.

4. Making difficult staffing decisions is a draining job but to advance the Kingdom you have to do it.

I wouldn't do anything else in the world because I'm called. I love what I do and I get to make an eternal impact everyday, but it's painful.