Home Books Links Peopleschurch.tv People"s Church

Thursday, April 24, 2008

One Liners That Have Impacted My Life pt. 6

"Who you are is more important than what you do."


I was in college and a pastor came to speak during our spiritual emphasis week. The pastor told all of us students that being was more important than doing. WOW, that one statement has had a profound impact on my life. It's amazing how one line out of one sermon has stuck with me all of these years. I am a child of God. I am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus. I am a friend of God. I am a co-heir with Christ. It's a passion of mine to stay focused on who I am more than what I do. If you focus your life on doing instead of being, there is a high probability that you will end up a public success and a private failure. WHO YOU ARE IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN WHAT YOU DO!