Home Books Links Peopleschurch.tv People"s Church

Friday, April 25, 2008

Random Thoughts

1. My wife and I went on a date last night. I ate the West End Chicken, and Tiff ate soup and a salad. It was good eatin’!

2. This evening my wife and I are going out to dinner with some friends. These friends have been mentors and a real inspiration to both Tiffany and I.

3. We are doing our usual Friday family date night on Saturday. The kids would be disappointed if we didn't have our date night two weeks in a row. Last Friday was the staff cook-out at our home. Cale, my oldest son, was explaining to his little brother that we are switching date night days.

4. The New Orleans Hornets are looking really good in the playoffs. I have special love for the Hornets because they played ball in Oklahoma City for two years. Also, four of the players attended PC when they were in Oklahoma City. GO HORNETS!

5. I've preached a lot of Sundays so far this year. Really, more than I probably should have. I've only missed one Sunday this year. This was a unique season for our church with the CRAZY Campaign in January and February, breaking ground on a 42,000 square foot facility and then Easter coming so early. I'm looking forward to a break in the not too distant future. Studying messages and preaching 4 times every Sunday is grueling (on top of leading the church). If you are not a pastor, that may not make since to you, but studying and preaching is a draining job but very rewarding.

6. This Sunday we are beginning a new series called DEEP. God is going to use this series to help all of us grow closer to Christ. Looking forward to diving deep!