Home Books Links Peopleschurch.tv People"s Church

Monday, December 15, 2008

Weekend Update

1. We had a great Volunteer Banquet on Friday night. We ate well, had great fellowship and celebrated and honored all of the volunteers of PC. All I can say is you all are wonderful! You are awesome! Thanks for serving and for making a huge impact in the lives of people.

2. We had a good turn out at the CRAZY Prayer Meeting. I didn't know if people would show because the weather turned cold quickly. The people of PC showed up and were excited to pray. It was a special time.

3. My voice did much better yesterday. I did not have any problems at all. Thank you, Jesus!

4. Sam Bradford, from my Oklahoma Sooners, won the Heisman trophy on Saturday night. BOOMER SOONER!

5. I'm pulling for the Oklahoma City Thunder NBA team to win their third game really soon. We lost two games this weekend. I'm a fan, and we need another win.

6. I preached about how Jesus is our Everlasting Father.

7. The Worship Team sang the old song Draw Me Close yesterday. It brought back some great college worship memories.

8. This was a busy weekend with the CRAZY Volunteer Banquet, preaching four times, the CRAZY Prayer Meeting and then the CRAZY Involvement Meeting.

9. When our people were walking through the new 44,000 square foot building on Sunday night, they were shocked at how huge it is. An 1800 seat auditorium with high ceilings looks gigantic. Plus, the lobby space is gigantic as well.

10. We are going to double and even triple in attendance with this new facility. I'm excited to see thousands of lives transformed by the power of Christ through this new tool.

11. The CRAZY CHALLENGE is ON! We are praying and expecting $100,000 to be given to the CRAZY Campaign during the month of December. This coming up Sunday we are receiving a special CRAZY offering.

12. Thanks again for praying for the CRAZY matching fund. When we as a church give $40,000 during December, it will become $80,000. God is going to do some cool things at PC this month! GO, GOD!

13. I can't believe there is only one more weekend left until Christmas.

14. There are a lot of things on my mind, but you are probably tired of reading. So, I'll stop now. Have a great Monday!