Home Books Links Peopleschurch.tv People"s Church

Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Highlights

1. On the Monday of Christmas week, I wrapped up some work around the office.

2. On Tuesday, our family headed to Grand Island, Nebraska.

3. My wife's dad, mom, brother, sister and her husband and three kids live in Nebraska.

4. Christmas was an exciting day. It's so fun to watch the kids open their gifts.

5. Cale and Cade wanted a remote control car for Christmas, and they both got two or three.

6. Caris didn't request anything for Christmas, but she got tons of cool stuff. One thing her grandma got her was a little cooking stove.

7. All four kids slept in the same bedroom. My three oldest kids slept in the same bed together. They looked so cute while they were all sleeping. I could have watched them for hours while they slept.

8. Tiffany's grandparents from Minnesota drove to Nebraska the day after Christmas. Her grandfather is 83, and her grandmother is 77. We opened more gifts with her grandparents.

9. Tiffany's grandparents are devoted Christ-followers. My wife has a great Christian heritage. Tiffany's parents are pastors.

10. Every night, we played card games. We stayed up late every night and had lots of fun.

11. We ate and ate and ate and ate and ate and ate and ate! I haven't weighed myself yet, but I'm sure I picked up five or so pounds.

12. My favorite food is cutout cookies.

13. I spent some time reflecting on 2008 and planning for 2009.

14. I also started reading the book Tribes and re-read some of the book called The Next Generation Leader.

15. I didn't check my email for four days in a row. That's really good for me!

16. I got some more clothes for Christmas.

17. We are driving home tomorrow. I need to get back home so that I can hit the gym hard!

18. Shelby Johnson, the Care Director at People's Church, preached yesterday on Jesus being the Wonderful Counselor.

19. My family went to my father-in-law’s church. He preached on honor. It was a very good service.

20. What's up with the Dallas Cowboys? Give me a break! They need to learn to play football in December!

21. I hope all of my blogging family had a wonderful time with your families during the Christmas season!

22. 2009 is going to be an off-the-charts year! ARE YOU READY FOR GOD TO DO SOMETHING BIG???