Home Books Links Peopleschurch.tv People"s Church

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Things That Help Me Grow As A Leader pt. 3

7. Listening to my team helps me grow as a leader. God has put some great men and women around me, and I learn from them all the time. I also grow as a leader as I learn how to lead my team in a more effective way. Often times, the most challenging job I have is putting together and developing my team, and the most rewarding job is putting together and developing my team. If you put the right team around you, they will help you grow as a leader.

8. My kids help me grow as a leader. All three of my kids have different personalities and need me in different ways at different times. Learning to be the best dad requires so much: wisdom, patience, time, consistency, discipline and love. Being a daddy is so much fun, and it helps me grow as a leader.

9. Handling difficult people helps me grow as a leader. Every time I deal with a difficult person, I walk away from that season as a stronger, wiser and shaper leader. Difficult people cause me to be even more laser focused on the vision. They help me develop better problem-solving skills. They help me develop my love for people who often times don't like me or don't agree with me. I have to thank God for the difficult people that I have had the privilege to pastor because, though I didn't like it at the time, they made me a better leader for God.

I am still growing as a leader, how about you?