Home Books Links Peopleschurch.tv People"s Church

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Creating Momentum pt. 3

1. To get momentum and keep momentum, you must have the right people around you. You can have the right vision and the right strategy, but if you have the wrong people around you, it will kill your momentum. The team around you will make you or break you. You are only as strong as the people surrounding you. You will never capture momentum and KEEP IT if you have the wrong people around you. Here are some things you need to assess when it comes to the people around you.

A. Do I have the right person but they are not a fit for their current portfolio? I must switch their role in the organization.

B. Do I have a great person who is the wrong person for the organization? I must help them find another organization where they can add the most value.

C. Do I have a person who has issues and they do not line up with the organization’s values? I must remove the person before they cause problems in the organization.

D. Did I have the right person for the job but the organization has out grown their ability? I must help this person find another organization where they can add the most value.

E. Do I have the right person and the right portfolio but the person needs training? I or someone in the organization needs to invest in this person.

Once again, if you want to get momentum and keep it, you must have the right people around. HOW'S YOUR TEAM?