Home Books Links Peopleschurch.tv People"s Church

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Extended Weekend Update

1. We had a great Labor Day weekend! 34 people gave their hearts to Christ. That's two weeks in a row that 34 people gave their lives to Christ. I thought that was cool to have the same number two weeks in a row. THAT'S WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT!

2. God, Love and Sex is really making an impact. I can sense the Holy Spirit working in the lives of people and marriages. My prayer is, "God, have your way in marriages. Restore, heal and mend broken marriages. I praise you and thank you in advance for life change!"

3. The Sooners won this weekend! Go OU! NFL football starts on Thursday night! I'm so excited for football season. My wife and I may even go watch a high school football game this fall.

4. I spent Labor Day with my family. We hung out around the house during the morning. Then, we went to a pizza joint for lunch. Then, we came back home and relaxed. I snuck away for a Starbucks coffee and read the newspaper while the kids were napping. I couldn't believe it, but ALL the kids took a three hour nap. THAT NEVER HAPPENS! They must of known it was Labor Day. After naps, I took the boys to a playground, and we had a blast sliding, swinging and just hanging out together. WE CALL IT BOY TIME!

5. BEGINNING THIS WEEKEND, we need 100, really we need 200, people who attend the 10:30AM service to begin attending the 9:00AM or one of the Saturday night services. God is blessing us with a TREMENDOUS season of growth, and we need to make seats available for first time guests who need to connect with Christ. You guys are always so unselfish and willing to do whatever it takes so that we can continue to reach more people who are far away from God. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR PASSION FOR PEOPLE! I LOVE YOU CHURCH FAMILY!

6. This coming weekend the title is Help, My Marriage Stinks Pt. 2. Don't miss it for any thing!