Home Books Links Peopleschurch.tv People"s Church

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Teamwork

1. As Maxwell says, "One is too small of a number for greatness."

2. I am only as good as the team around me, and boy DO I HAVE A GREAT ONE! I MEAN THAT!

3. I get a lot of credit for the growth of People's Church, and of course God gets all of the Glory, but a lot of the credit belongs to the great team that God has assembled around me.

4. God has helped me to surround myself with leaders instead of followers. Leaders help LEAD the organization. Leaders build teams around them. Leaders stay true to the vision and direction of the organization. Leaders can handle power and delegate authority. Leaders are secure, so they attract other leaders. Leaders strive to make the organization the best it can be. Leaders are loyal.

5. I don't know half of what goes on at People's Church because I've surrounded myself with great leaders who take care of business. I trust my leaders because they have earned my trust. Remember, trust is earned not automatically given. You can't act like a fool and expect the leader over you to trust you and empower you. If you're with a secure leader, when you prove yourself trustworthy and competent, they will empower you to lead.

6. As someone once said, “Teamwork makes the dream work.” If you're trying to accomplish your dreams without a team, you are fighting an uphill battle. You need to let God do a work in your heart because “one is too small of a number for greatness.” BUILD A TEAM, AND THEY WILL BUILD THE ORGANIZATION!