Home Books Links Peopleschurch.tv People"s Church

Monday, July 23, 2007

Weekend Update

1. I had a blast this weekend! I served in the parking lot ministry and in the kids’ department at People's Church. It was great seeing up close and personal how these ministries make such an impact on people's lives. I want to say a HUGE THANK YOU to all of our volunteers. You all are making it happen.

2. Justin, our Student Ministries Director, did a great job speaking this weekend. I didn't get to hear it because I was in the kids’ area, but my wife told me he hit it out of the park and he was super funny.

3. Here are some funny comments I or my wife received because I was serving in different ministries this weekend. One person said, "I don't like pastor in the parking lot parking cars." This person was going to come and remove me from the parking lot :). Another person said to me, "Pastor, are we short handed in the parking lot ministry? I can take your place." Someone else said, "Pastor, sorry I'm late to the parking lot ministry today. I can take your spot now." He thought I was filling in for him because he was late. The funniest comment I received was in the 3 year old kids classroom. One boy said, "You're the guy on the TV. Why do you scream on the stage?" The volunteers in the classroom and I started cracking up. I really don't think I scream, but I do get passionate while speaking :).

4. It was great serving the community on Saturday morning by landscaping Northeast Academy. I will never forget the smell of that dirt :)! Thank you to everyone who helped make this happen.

5. I can't wait for this coming weekend. I'm beginning a new series titled BLING BLING....Fixing Your Finances. This series is going to help so many people. One of my passions is to see people get financially free! INVITE EVERYBODY YOU KNOW, AND YOU DON'T MISS THIS SERIES FOR ANYTHING!