Home Books Links Peopleschurch.tv People"s Church

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Areas I AM Growing In

1. I'm learning how to operate our church like a church of 3500 to 4000. I try to operate our church like it's double the size. Learning to operate People's Church like a church of 3500 to 4000 is one of the most stretching changes that I've had to make, but I'm doing it!

2. I'm learning how to operate the entire church through two executive pastors and not do it myself. One pastor is over music, media, technology and creativity. The other pastor is over the staff and operations of the church. Basically, one is over the weekend experiences and the other is over day to day operations. I'm not there yet, but I'm learning how to delegate power and not just responsibility (thanks for that life changing thought Craig).

3. I haven't been to a staff meeting in 3 or 4 weeks. I did this on purpose. First of all, I was gone for two weeks, and secondly, I wanted to allow my executives to run the operations without me. I won't go to a staff meeting until August. My goal is to meet with the executive team once a week and have them run the entire staff meeting without me. I will probably go to staff meetings once a month to do a teaching and vision casting time. This is a huge step for me, but I know I need to do it for a few reasons. 1. I have capable and sharp executives who I have been investing in, and it's time to turn them loose. 2. I'm going through one of those stirring times in my heart when I know I need to stream line what I'm doing. I need to BE EVEN MORE FOCUSED ON WHAT I DO AT PEOPLE'S CHURCH. 3. If I don't do it, I will eventually bottle neck what God is doing at People's Church. I REFUSE TO BE THE BOTTLE NECK! LORD, PLEASE CONTINUE TO GROW ME AS A LEADER!

4. I'm learning how to better utilize my personal assistant. I'm not sure what all that is going to consist of, but I know I need to do a better job. I'm still dealing with too many details and need to do a better job working through her so that I can do what I do best.

5. Blogging family thanks for praying for me and my growth as a leader. I know God wants to do so many great things through People's Church, and I want to get out of the way and allow Him to do it.