Home Books Links Peopleschurch.tv People"s Church

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

10 Interesting Facts About Me Pt. 2

6. I was voted homecoming king my senior year in high school and my senior year in college. My senior year in college, I hurt my back during pre-game warm ups (I played college football) and had to ride in the seat of the golf cart. The young lady had to stand up in the back of the golf cart in her nice dress. I lost all my cool points as I sat down and she stood up!

7. I first met my wife, Tiffany, at college my senior year. We met at chapel in the hallway (our college had a chapel service everyday). Tiffany asked me out to the girls ask guys out event that the school was putting on. This event was awesome because all the guys got to figure out which girls had a crush on them!

8. I went oversees for the first time when I was 22. I went to Uganda, Africa, and preached in front of a crowd numbering over 15,000 people. This experience was a very life-changing experience for me and my ministry.

9. I played high school football in Wewoka with James Thrash. James is a 10 year veteran receiver in the NFL. He plays for the Washington Redskins. He used to start for the Eagles and catch balls from Donovan McNabb. It's hard to believe someone from Wewoka High is in the NFL! GO JAMES!

10. I wanted to be a sports broadcaster on ESPN before I surrendered to God's call on my life for full-time ministry. I would have been a great broadcaster :)!