Home Books Links Peopleschurch.tv People"s Church

Monday, November 2, 2009

Weekend Update

1. Wow, wow, wow, what a great Sunday at PC!

2. We baptized tons of people! I love seeing people go public for Jesus!

3. Many people gave their lives to Christ! We are seeing people come to Christ in record numbers. It's so exciting!

4. Our people are pumped up about Green Peace! I know many people are going to experience financial peace like never before because of this series. It's going to be a very practical series that will help everybody gain peace during these difficult times.

5. We were once again over 1000 people bigger than the same Sunday last year. Actually, we were 1034 people bigger. I am blown away and humbled by what God is doing at PC!

6. Lives are being changed every week at PC! That pumps me up!

7. I flew to Philadelphia on Thursday morning. Due to the rain, my flight was delayed out of OKC. I missed my connection in Cincinnati. I had to sit around the airport for a few hours because I missed my flight! Bummer!

8. I got to hang out with one of my pastor friends on Thursday evening. David Crosby is a great pastor on the east coast. He pastors www.poconocc.com. This is a great church with a great leader. I didn't get to sleep until after 12:30AM.

9. On Friday morning, I spoke at a college about church planting. It's always a great honor to invest in students.

10. I caught a late afternoon flight home on Friday. Once again, my flight left late. Long story, but the airline made me check my bag, and my bag didn't make it to OKC with me. I had to report my bag missing to the airline. I didn't get home until around 10PM.

11. Early Saturday afternoon, my bag was delivered to my home. I was very glad because I had my hair clippers and edgers in the bag.

12. Late Saturday afternoon, my wife and I went to dinner with some of our friends, and then we went to the Oklahoma Sooners game with them.

13. My wife and I got home late from the OU game.

14. The Sooners offense looked great, but the defense didn't look so good.

15. I'm tired from a long weekend, but I'm also very excited about what God is doing in my life, family and PC!

16. My Dallas Cowboys are looking good! Miles Austin is the real deal. I'm glad I added him in my dynasty FF league.

17. My fantasy football teams did average. I think I will go 4-2 this week, which isn't bad, but I was hoping for better.

18. Cale lost his first two teeth this weekend. He looks funny, but thinks he is cool. I love my kids so much!

19. Financially, if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten. Break your patterns and habits, and do something different starting today.

20. I can't wait for this Sunday at PC! GREEN PEACE BABY!