Home Books Links Peopleschurch.tv People"s Church

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

THANKFUL, Very Thankful

1. I'm so thankful that I know Christ! It's an indescribable feeling knowing that I've been forgiven of my sins! It's an awesome feeling knowing that I get to have a daily intimate relationship with the God of the universe through His Son, Jesus Christ!

2. I'm thankful for my wife. My wife is my best friend. She knows me better than anybody in the whole world. She loves me, nurtures me, encourages me and laughs with me. God knew what He was doing when He brought Tiffany into my life! She is so fun, loving, caring, tender, genuine, sexy and loves God with all of her heart. I'm so thankful for my wife!

3. I'm thankful for my kids. I love those little people so much. They bring so much joy to Tiffany and me. They are so much fun. I am thankful that God entrusted these precious gifts to Tiffany and me to raise in the fear of the Lord. Cale, Cade, Caris and Case, your daddy loves you so much. I am so thankful that I get to be your daddy!

4. I'm thankful for my friends. I have some really close friends who have been there for me. They tell me like IT IS! They love me through the good and the bad. They help me be a better follower of Christ, husband, daddy and friend. To all of my friends, I'm very thankful for your friendship.

5. I'm thankful for my mentors. I have many mentors that have invested and continue to invest in my life. Today, I want to honor and thank Craig Groeschel. Craig, thanks for investing in me when our church was really small and I lacked confidence in myself. Thanks for taking time to coach me on decisions that probably seemed small to you but were huge for me. Thanks for pushing my voice on a national level. All I can say is that you'll always be the Bishop and I'll be the Apostle :)! I'm thankful for your mentorship.

6. I'm thankful for my staff. I thank God for all you do. You work countless hours and sacrifice more than most people will ever know. You believe in this vision of connecting people to God and to others. You support me and each other in a God-honoring way. I'm very thankful for your integrity, your extreme talent, your incredible work ethic, your unwavering loyalty to the vision and team and your superb passion for Christ! Team, this has been a grueling but very rewarding year. I want each of you to know that I'm thankful for all you do!

7. I'm thankful for my People's Church family. Thank you for your passion for Christ. Thank you for volunteering hours of your time to make the dream continue to become reality. Some of you work 40 to 50 hours a week on your job and then volunteer your talents to PC 5 to 15 hours a week. THANK YOU! Thank you for tithing and giving offerings above your tithe. Because you continue to be faithful to God with your giving, we are seeing tons of lives changed by the power of Christ. Thank you for inviting your friends and family to church. Every week people give their lives to Christ because of your passion to invite those you care about to PC! Thank you for the incredible unity that we have. We are truly diversified and unified at the same time. I am very thankful to be your pastor!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!