Home Books Links Peopleschurch.tv People"s Church

Monday, October 5, 2009

Weekend Highlights

1. On Sunday I preached an illustrative message titled Highway Out Of Hell.

2. This was one of the most moving and thought-provoking messages I've ever preached.

3. The beginning of my message was a funeral service. We had a casket, pallbearers and I wore a bishop’s robe. The auditorium was completely dark except for a spotlight on the pallbearers who walked the casket down the center aisle, and there was also a spotlight on me as I was standing on the stage.

4. As the pallbearers walked the casket from the back of the auditorium all the way to the front of the building, the Boys II Men song It's So Hard To Say Good-Bye To Yesterday was pumping throughout the auditorium.

5. We also had funeral flowers on the stage and pulpit.

6. I read an obituary, and the way that our Creative Team wrote it, made it seem like it was YOUR personal funeral. Instead of a name, it said YOU, and it made the obituary very personal. There were people crying uncontrollably as I read the obituary! It was a very moving and reflecting moment!

7. I wept uncontrollably because my Oklahoma Sooners lost again! Ok, not really, but I was mad!

8. I took 3 of my kids to Chuck-E-Cheese on Friday. My kids had a blast, and I had a fun time watching them have a blast.

9. Sunday morning was really rainy in Oklahoma City.

10. I love coming home after church and watching football. I ate a grilled cheese sandwich and chips and enjoyed some good football.

11. What's the deal with the Dallas Cowboys and Tony Romo!??

12. Brian, Andy, Hilary, Jessica and the entire Production Team, way to go! Because of your ideas, sermon research, stage set designs, videos, camera shots, lighting and hard work we are creating unforgettable experiences for people in the OKC metro area. I am very grateful for all of your talents and hard work. Jesus is changing lives through you all!