I am humbled by the way the Lord is blessing People's Church. We are growing at a staggering rate. This is the fastest rate our church has ever grown. Lives are being changed. Here are some lessons I'm learning during this season.
1. There is a price that is paid before growth occurs.
2. Many people don't see the price that was paid; they just see the growth that follows.
3. Growth exposes all of the weaknesses of your church and your leadership.
4. There are some people who can get you to one level but can't take you to the next level.
5. Managers are plentiful, and leaders are few.
6. God is the one who makes the church grow. One plants, one waters, but God brings the increase.
7. The planting and watering season is a lot of work.
8. Even when we are experiencing phenomenal growth, I'm still not satisfied, but I've learned to enjoy the journey.
9. Taking time off is critical. I can't teach every Sunday and lead at a high level. Most of our church will never know the leadership energy I spend on our church because they only see me on Sundays when I'm in my teaching mode.
10. There are tough decisions that have to be made to sustain what God is doing. These decisions can be painful.
11. I can't do ministry alone. I need my team more than ever before. I'm very blessed with some gifted and godly leaders that believe in the vision of PC as much as I do.
12. The larger we get, the more specialized the hires. We used to hire generalists (they needed to be good at a few things), but now we hire specialists (they need to be great at one thing).
13. I am learning like never before. I have people speaking into my life constantly. I can't learn enough.