Home Books Links Peopleschurch.tv People"s Church

Monday, January 12, 2009

Weekend Highlights

1. On Friday, we had a family date night. My wife and I rented a movie from Redbox. I like those $1 movies from Redbox. Whoever thought of that is a genius.

2. On Saturday, we had some friends drive to Oklahoma City from Springfield, MO, to visit us. Tiffany and I both really enjoy this couples’ friendship. We had a great time hanging out together and watching and listening to our kids play together.

3. We had a great Sunday in every way at People's Church.

4. There were tons of people who gave their lives to Christ.

5. I preached and cast strong vision to our church. Vision is so important for our lives, families and our church. Where there is no vision the people perish!

6. My voice struggled a little but held up pretty good. Whenever I miss two weeks of preaching, my voice usually struggles. I'm glad it stayed pretty strong in all four experiences.

7. The worship was off the charts on Sunday. I enjoyed lifting up the name of Jesus with our church family.

8. The kids’ area was jam-packed on Sunday. I can't wait to more than triple, actually I think we are quadrupling, our kids’ space with the 44,000 square foot addition.

9. Thank you to everyone who has moved to the 8:45AM and the 12:30PM experiences. We need as many of you as possible to attend the 8:45AM experience for the next three months. Let's free up seats and kids’ space for those seeking a relationship with Christ!

10. Our church is praying and fasting this week. I'm really excited about what God is going to do in my life, your life and our church.

11. PC had a CRAZY Challenge month in December. We challenged our church to give $100,000 over and above the Lord's tithe during the month of December. Our church prayed, heard God's voice and responded in a generous way. We gave $118,656.19. Way to go PC! God is so faithful! We are going to turn this city upside-down with the good news of Jesus Christ!

12. Since the Dallas Cowboys didn't make the playoffs, I want the Arizona Cardinals to win the Super Bowl. I'm a Kurt Warner fan!

13. GO THUNDER, GO! Our NBA basketball team is starting to gel, and they are winning some games!