Home Books Links Peopleschurch.tv People"s Church

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

WHY STAFF MEETINGS

I know some churches don't have staff meetings, but People's Church wouldn't function well without them. I want to give you some reasons why we have a weekly staff meeting.

1. It allows me to keep the vision in front of the team. I want the vision of People's Church to be HOT HOT HOT in our team’s heart. Staff meetings always refocus our team on the main thing!

2. It gives us an opportunity to celebrate what God is doing in people's lives. I love to hear how we're winning as a church!

3. It allows us to grow and sharpen one another. We are always reading a book together as a staff.

4. It gives our team an environment to argue, fuss and squabble about what they think ought to be taking place at People's Church. I love that our team can argue about things, and then, we always walk out of the meeting as a unified front. My team can always give me input. I WELCOME THEIR THOUGHTS AND INSIGHT!

5. It gives me the opportunity to teach, correct, motivate and encourage our team. One of my passions is to develop leaders, SO I GET TO DO WHAT I LOVE TO DO IN THOSE MEETINGS!

I'm sure I could give you ten more reasons why we have staff meetings. If you oversee a group of people, I would encourage you to have a team meeting. IT COULD BE THE TURNING POINT FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION!